Potential large structure fire controlled by fire sprinkler system

RACINE, WI- (January 15, 2019) -A potentially large structure fire was kept at bay due to an active fire sprinkler in Racine, Racine Fire officials said in a release issued Wednesday. At 9:12 p.m. Tuesday, January 15th, the Racine Fire Department was dispatched to the 1500 block of Rapids Drive for an active fire alarm. During the investigation a small, smoky fire was located inside of a tenant's woodshop. The [...]

2019-01-20T17:26:33+00:00

Third Red Bulb Overnight Fire Controlled by Sprinklers

APPLETON, WI (December 23, 2018) - The Appleton Fire Department added a third red bulb to the wreath as a result of an overnight fire for the 2018 Keep the Wreath Green Campaign. On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at approximately 1:27 am, Appleton Fire Department units were dispatched to 2420 E. Peter St. for a report of a fire in an apartment building. Additional information upon dispatch was that the [...]

2019-01-04T01:36:18+00:00

Oak Creek apartment fire extinguished by fire sprinklers

OAK CREEK, WI (December 19, 2018) - The evening of December 19th, the Oak Creek Fire Department responded to a report of an apartment fire in a multifamily building. Upon arrival, crews found that the fire had been controlled and extinguished by the fire sprinkler system. The cause of the fire was from unattended cooking; restricted to the cooking vessel and no extension was found to the structure. Occupants were [...]

2019-01-04T01:42:54+00:00

Apartment fire extinguished quickly by fire sprinkler system

WEST BEND, WI (September 29, 2018) - On Sept. 29 at 7:43 pm, the West Bend Police Department and the West Bend Fire Department were dispatched to a stove fire at the Amity Apartments on Main Street. Upon arrival, it was noticed that the fire was quickly extinguished by the fire sprinkler system. The apartment renter reported she left a pan of grease on the stove unattended, which then started [...]

2018-10-30T02:19:35+00:00

Texas Road House restaurant fire kept from spreading by fire sprinklers

JANESVILLE, WI ( September 14, 2018) - Fire sprinklers prevented a fire from spreading inside the Texas Road House restaurant in Janesville. According to Battalion Chief Chris Lukas, the Janesville Fire Department received a call at 12:17 a.m. on Friday morning that flames and smoke were visible. The fire was limited to the building’s exterior. Firefighters put out the fire within minutes of arriving. Sprinklers did activate and kept the [...]

2018-10-30T02:17:14+00:00

Fire sprinklers kept parking garage fire at bay

CITY OF MADISON, WI  (September 12, 2018) - On September 12, 2018 a fire sprinkler contained a fire that started in a moped in an underground parking garage on Bedford Street in Madison. Firefighters found smoke coming from the garage. Ladder Company 1 entered the parking area where a sprinkler activated keeping the fire at bay. Ladder 1 extinguished the remaining fire with a water can extinguisher and began ventilating [...]

2018-10-30T02:11:14+00:00