Dormitory fire contained by fire sprinkler

LACROSSE, WI (August 10, 2018) - On Thursday, August 9th at 6:47p.m. the La Crosse Fire Department was dispatched to a call at UW-La Crosse for a fire in a dormitory. Upon arrival there was moderate smoke on the first floor of the building. One sprinkler had discharged and extinguished the fire. There was minimal fire and smoke damage. The hall was closed at the time and no students were [...]

2018-08-20T17:01:13+00:00

Fire sprinkler extinguished fire in FedEx distribution center

CITY OF MADISON (July 15, 2018) -A fire that broke out over the weekend at a FedEx distribution center was extinguished by an automatic fire sprinkler. The City of Madison Fire Department responded to the call on Hanson Road for a water flow alarm. Firefighters entered the building to find an activated fire sprinkler that extinguished a fire. Firefighters moved boxes in the area where the fire occurred to minimize [...]

2018-08-20T17:00:48+00:00

Madison apartment fire contained by fire sprinkler

CITY OF MADISON, WI (July 3, 2018) - City of Madison firefighters responded to a call at the Mills Street apartment building at 2:21 a.m., July 3, 2018 to find the fire contained by an automatic fire sprinkler. The building’s automatic alarm system indicated water flow in a fourth-floor apartment. A resident said a hand towel caught fire after coming in contact with a candle. The heat from the fire [...]

2018-08-20T17:02:15+00:00

Fire in corporation contained by fire sprinkler

WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI (June 17, 2018) – The Wisconsin Rapids Fire Department responded to a call at 11:20 p.m. to the UniFirst Corporation. A fire started in totes containing oily rags, and it spread to a nearby storage shed and forklift. Fire Capt. Bob Barteck said from the point of origin, the fire spread to the building and activated a fire sprinkler. Firefighters completely extinguished the fire. Source: Wisconsin Rapids [...]

2018-08-20T17:03:32+00:00

No injuries in nursing home fire contained by sprinkler system

KENOSHA, WI (June 12, 2018) – The Kenosha Fire Department and Kenosha Police responded to a call that reported smoke in the basement, and the facility's smoke alarms were activated at the Clairidge House about 6:15 p.m. There was a fire which was contained by a sprinkler system with activation in the bathroom where the fire began. Kenosha Police said the fire appeared to be intentionally set in a garbage [...]

2018-08-20T17:04:21+00:00