2019 Winter Edition

A fire Sprinkler Extinguished a fire on a Stove cook-top at a Child Day Care

APPLETON, WI- (February 25, 2019) - The activation of a single fire sprinkler extinguished a fire on a stove cook-top at an Appleton child day care on Monday, February 25th at approximately 11:43 a.m. Damage was limited to some cardboard boxes on the top of the stove cook-top. All staff and the sixty-five (65) children present were able to safely evacuate. The Appleton Fire Department was dispatched to Appleton KinderCare, [...]


Automatic Fire Sprinkler Extinguished a Fire at UW Campus Building

MADISON, WI- (January 21, 2019) - An automatic fire sprinkler is credited for quickly extinguishing a fire that broke out in the basement of Engineering Hall at the UW-Madison campus on Monday, January 21st. The Fire Department was dispatched to investigate a fire alarm activation in the building. A couple of students told firefighters perhaps their welding project in a shop room on the 10th floor was to blame for [...]


An activated fire sprinkler in an apartment furnace utility room kept a fire from spreading

MADISON, WI- (January 30, 2019) - On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 a fire that broke out in the furnace utility room of a City of Madison west side apartment was kept in check thanks to an automatic fire sprinkler. All but two units were able to return home even though nobody was home to report the fire when it first happened. Source: City of Madison Fire Department


Madison Fire Department Participates in Home Fire Sprinkler Builder Incentive Pilot Program

The Madison Fire Department administration office lobby includes a banner received from the
Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) through a stipend for outreach. The banner shows how home fire sprinklers save lives, money, water and the environment. The City of Madison Fire Department was one of 10 fire departments nationwide that participated in the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) pilot program to test new educational material [...]


Texas Road House restaurant fire kept from spreading by fire sprinklers

JANESVILLE, WI ( September 14, 2018) - Fire sprinklers prevented a fire from spreading inside the Texas Road House restaurant in Janesville. According to Battalion Chief Chris Lukas, the Janesville Fire Department received a call at 12:17 a.m. on Friday morning that flames and smoke were visible. The fire was limited to the building’s exterior. Firefighters put out the fire within minutes of arriving. Sprinklers did activate and kept the [...]


Fire sprinklers kept parking garage fire at bay

CITY OF MADISON, WI  (September 12, 2018) - On September 12, 2018 a fire sprinkler contained a fire that started in a moped in an underground parking garage on Bedford Street in Madison. Firefighters found smoke coming from the garage. Ladder Company 1 entered the parking area where a sprinkler activated keeping the fire at bay. Ladder 1 extinguished the remaining fire with a water can extinguisher and began ventilating [...]