A fire sprinkler contained a fire at an assisted living home on S. Brookline Drive in the City of Madison on October 14 shortly after 3:00 p.m.

The sprinkler allowed on-site staff to deploy a fire extinguisher and put the fire out. When City of Madison Fire Department Ladder Company 2 arrived on scene, firefighters determined that the fire was caused by an older, recalled dehumidifier that malfunctioned.

There were no injuries.

Source: Cynthia Schuster, Public Information Officer, City of Madison Fire Department