GREEN BAY, WI (June 2, 2019) – The Green Bay Metro Fire Department credits fire sprinklers for containing a fire that occurred in a commercial dryer at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Fire crews say they were called to the hotel just after 1a.m. on Sunday, June 2, 2019, where upon arrival, they found moderate smoke on the first floor and saw occupants evacuating the building. A fire in a commercial laundry dryer on the first floor was kept in check by the sprinklers.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly and ventilated smoke from the building. Occupants were allowed back in the building once the residual water was cleaned up. There were no injuries.

Source: WeareGREENBAY.com