LACROSSE, WI (April 9, 2019) – Shortly before noon on Saturday, April 6th, a fire at a the Weber Center for Performing Arts located on Front Street was controlled by fire sprinklers.

Activated fire sprinklers prevented a fire from spreading inside the garage stage door entrance. A center employee also used a fire extinguisher. A small plastic tote was found smoldering and removed by fire crew.

Damage was limited to the area where the fire started with some minor water damage to the stage area.
The fire was caused by welding sparks that ignited combustible materials. No injuries were reported.

Source: WXOW News 19 abc