OAK CREEK, WI (December 19, 2018) – The evening of December 19th, the Oak Creek Fire Department responded to a report of an apartment fire in a multifamily building. Upon arrival, crews found that the fire had been controlled and extinguished by the fire sprinkler system. The cause of the fire was from unattended cooking; restricted to the cooking vessel and no extension was found to the structure. Occupants were alerted by smoke detectors and no injuries were reported.

SOURCE: Oak Creek Fire Department