Dormitory fire contained by fire sprinkler

LACROSSE, WI (August 10, 2018) – On Thursday, August 9th at 6:47p.m. the La Crosse Fire Department was dispatched to a call at UW-La Crosse for a fire in a dormitory. Upon arrival there was moderate smoke on the first floor of the building. One sprinkler had discharged and extinguished the fire. There was minimal fire and smoke damage. The hall was closed at the time and no students were in the building. The cause of the fire was started by a fan that was being used to dry carpet after cleaning.

Source: La Crosse Fire Department and ABC News 19 WXOW


2018-08-20T17:01:13+00:00

Leave A Comment